6120 POLO-NECKED SHIRT
YOU NEED: knit fabric; 3 buttons, fusing; you can use ribbed knit fabric for collar and cuffs.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 0.8 cm for all seams, 2 cm for garment hem, 0 cm for placket and under placket contour.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Font part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Cuff – 2 pieces
5. Off-set welt – 1 piece
6. Collar – 1 piece
7. Large sacking – 1 piece
8. Small sacking – 1 piece
9. Placket – 1 piece
10. Under placket – 1 piece
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing neaten it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic.
The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of the welt, press the welt along the center. Lay the reinforcement stripe under pocket place. Mark a line on the welt determining ready welt’s width. Topstitch small sacking on welt’s inner side. Lay the welt with sacking on right side of front part coinciding pocket marking and the line on the welt. Welt’s outer side must coincide with front part’s right side. Stitch the welt. Stitch large sacking to pocket’s upper marking. Cut pocket entrance between marking lines making diagonal slashes towards corners of pocket marking. Turn pocket details wrong side out. Press seam allowances. Stitch sackings’ edges fixing pocket’s corners.
2. Stitch shoulder edges. Stitch sleeves into open armholes. Topstitch seams along armholes. Fold cuffs along the center and stitch them to sleeves stretching cuffs’ edge to necessary length. Fold the collar along the center and overstitch it along collar fall.
3. Ready polo placket’s width is 3 cm. Apply the fusing to wrong sides of placket and under placket. Cut front part along closure marking. Overstitch left front edge with facing, right sides together (3-mm seam). Press ready seam. Stitch outer side of right placket to slit’s right edge with 3-mm seam. Stitch the collar into neckline. Fold placket’s inner edge under. Overstitch placket’s corner. Topstitch right placket along the seam joining the placket. Lay left placket on right one coinciding front middle lines, adjust closure edges and fix lower edges of details with a stitch made squarely towards closure’s edge on right side.
4. Stitch side seams and sleeve seams. Topstitch seams joining cuffs on cuffs.
5. Topstitch the seam joining the collar with stretchable stitch.
6. Neaten garment hem and press it under. Topstitch garment hem.
7. Press ready shirt.
8. Make buttonholes into left placket, sew buttons on right one.